Saturday, October 25, 2008

Their First Cruise













On Mother's day, we took the kids on their first cruise. They loved it! We went to Cozumel, Mexico. They got to miss school and everything.

I think Nic's favorite part was all the ice cream (and my favorite, too). He loved being able to serve himself at the buffet.





We played miniature golf on the top deck. The wind was so strong, it actually knocked Carli down, moved our golf balls, blew french fries off our plate and blew the ketchup off my fry into Carli's hair! It was pretty funny.



Carli got to "relax" while Nicholas stole the show. We participated in a "Hairspray" dance lesson and then there was a contest between the girls and the boys. There were about 30 girls and 3 boys. Actually it was 2 men and Nic. Guess who won. Yep. Nic won it for the boys. The crowd loved how involved he got.





Needless to say, we had a great time. Carli kept saying she wanted to be back on the cruise for several weeks after we returned home.





We were in Cozumel on the day Mexico celebrates Mother's Day, which is always the Saturday before we do. I got some beautiful Mexican Amber jewelry for Mother's Day. Then on Sunday, we spent the day at sea. I loved it.




For those of you that know me well, you know about my addiction.....to Starbucks! Found one in Mexico. I saw the green straw a mile away and asked the lady where Starbucks was. Good thing I know the menu. It was not written in English!



Look at those scorched shoulders.

This had to be my favorite Mother's Day every!

The beautiful water matched Michael's and Carli's eyes.

Our next cruise? Well if we save up for a while, maybe a Disney cruise. Wouldn't that be fun?

1 comment:

bluebonnetmom said...

Looks like y'all had a great time!